Green Lents is a locally-grown community group with a mission to provide education, volunteer and leadership opportunities in and around the Lents neighborhood to promote a thriving, sustainable community. We work together in small teams run by volunteers within the community to address important issues because we believe that this is Our Place, Our Community and Our Home, and we need to take care of it... together. Our goal is to promote a "green" culture in our community that brings us back to our less-wasteful, more resourceful, and more locally dependent roots through community-driven events, sharing programs and support of local organizations.
Current Green Lents activities include:
- Johnson Creek restoration and cleanup events
- Annual seed swaps
- Expert panels on a variety of topics
- Creation of a tool lending library in Lents
- Friends of Trees planting coordination
- Serving on local steering committees (ie, Foster Green EcoDistrict and Lents International Farmers Market)
- Supporting the many other organizations that do amazing work in our community.
There is a lot going on, and a lot more to get started. What are you interested in? Please use this website as a resource for upcoming events, educational tips for green-living and a guide to how to get involved in green activities in and around the Lents neighborhood. Check out the many opportunities that are available above in the "Get Involved" section. Would you like to be part of a Green Lents team? If you are looking for educational resources, check out the Teams pages to read about interesting tips, tricks or other resources for green-living.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
-Green Lents Leadership
(Jalene, Melanie, Jessica & John)